The secreto of the Ibérico pig, which is legendary in avant-garde cuisine, is also called secret filet or cruceta. It is a fan-like muscle with very strong and tasteful marbling and ideal for preparation on the grill, in the pan, in the oven or in the sous-vide process. It is particularly juicy when roasted and develops an exceptionally buttery nutty aroma.
A simple recipe for preparing this wonderful piece of meat:
• 250-350g Secreto Ibérico
• Coarse sea salt
• Freshly ground pepper
• Smoked Sweet Paprika
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Lemon quarters, for serving
1. Season the Ibérico Secreto with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, and dust with Smoked Sweet Paprika
2. Place the Secreto on heated grill and sear for approximately 2 minutes on each side. Do not overcook – Secreto Iberico is best served rare to medium rare.
3. Transfer the meat to a cutting board and let it rest for 1–2 minutes.
4. Slice thinly and transfer the meat and its juices to plate, lightly drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve with lemon quarters.